Dramatisation of Tom Loses a Tooth .

by - July 30, 2021

Dramatisation of Tom Loses a Tooth . 


English Project . 


Dramatisation / Dramatization .


Dramatisation of a story .





Dramatisation of Tom Loses a Tooth . 


SCENE : 1  

A bed on the stage. Tom and Sid both are lying in that bed. Suddenly Tom wakes up in bed . 

Tom : I was lay thinking that I was sick . Thus I can stay home from school . I have to investigate my body to find some aliment . 

[ Tom started investigating his body . Then Tom held his stomach with his hands from both sides. ]

Tom : Yes there are some symptoms for stomach trouble . Now I have to shout. 

[ Then Tom started groaning . But after a few moments, his screams calmed down . ] 

Tom : No. Nothing will happen by that . I have to find some strong symptoms. 

[ Suddenly Tom put his one hand on his cheek . ] 

Tom : Yes , I discovered something . One of my upper front teeth is loose . Oh …. I am feeling lucky . ……………. but ……………. but if Aunt Polly finds it out, she will remove the tooth. Then I have to get in a lot of pain . No , no , no , my strategies are not working . 

[ Then Tom pulled his legs out from under the sheet and began to examine them thoroughly. ] 



[ Then Tom started groaning and looking at Sid . But Sid slept on . No response comes from Sid . Tom started groaning more loudly . But Sid snored on , Tom becomes excited and disappointed . ] 

Tom : Sid ………… Sid …………… Sid …………. (   Tom grabbed Sid and started shaking him ) …………. Sid …………. 


[ This course worked well . Sid yawned , then raising himself on his elbow . He stared at Tom a few moments. In the other hand , Tom is continuing his groaning . ]

Sid : What happened Tom ? 

[ Tom remained silent but continued his groaning .]

Sid : Tom , say Tom …………………. What’s the matter Tom ? 

Tom ( moaned out ) : Oh , don’t Sid . Don’t shake me . 

Sid : Why , what’s the matter Tom ? I must call auntie .

Tom : No , never mind . It will be over by and by , maybe . Don’t call anybody .

Sid : But I must ! Don’t groan . Tom , it’s awful . How long have you been this way ? 

Tom : Hours . ouch ! Oh , don’t stir so , Sid . You will kill me .

Sid : Tom , why didn't you wake me sooner ? Oh , Tom you aren’t dying , are you ? Don’t Tom , oh don’t .

Tom : I forgive everybody , Sid . Tell them so . 

[    Sid quickly got out of bed and ran off the stage ] 



[ Aunt Polly and Mary are on stage. They are busy with normal household chores. Suddenly Sid ran and entered the stage. He is gasping . ] 

Aunt Polly : Sid , what happened Sid ? Why are you gasping so much ? 

Sid ( with gasping ) Oh , Aunt Polly , come ! Tom is dying ! 

Aunt Polly ( astonished ) : Dying ! 

Sid : Yes . Don’t wait , come quick .

Aunt Polly : What rubbish ! I don’t believe it . 

Sid : Oh , Aunt Polly don’t waste the time , Tom is really dying ! 

Aunt Polly : What ! 

[  Aunt Polly's face shows that she is terrified. Mary's condition is the same. Then the three of them ran away from the stage . ] 

SCENE : 3 

[ The setting of this scene will be the same as the first scene. Tom is lying in bed screaming. At that moment, Aunt Polly , Sid and Mary - entered the stage . All three are panting and gasping . Impression of fear on everyone's face . ] 

Aunt Polly ( reached the bedside of Tom and gasped out ) : Tom ! Tom , what’s the matter with you ? 

Tom ( feebly ) : Oh , auntie I’m……………. 

Aunt Polly : What is the matter with you child ? 

Tom : Oh, auntie , my toe is paining . 

[ Aunt Polly sank into a chair beside the bed . Then she laughed a little , then cried a little . ] 

Aunt Polly : Tom , what a shock you did give me ! Now shut up the nonsense and get out of this .
[ The groaning of Tom ceased slowly . ] 

Tom : My toe pain has vanished .  But auntie ! 

Aunt Polly :  What happened again?

Tom : Aunt Polly , how my tooth aches ! The pain is more than that in my toe . 

Aunt Polly : Your tooth , indeed ! What’s the matter with your tooth ? 

Tom : One of them is loose and it aches awfully . 

Aunt Polly : Oh, my little dear , your tooth is loose but you are not going to die for that . So don’t begin that groaning again . Let’s take a look at your tooth ! 

[ Tom opened his mouth and Aunt Polly leaned over and saw the inside of Tom's mouth. ] 

Aunt Polly : Mary , get me a silk thread .

Tom : Oh no , please auntie , don’t pull it out . It doesn’t hurt any more . Please auntie , I don’t want to stay home from school .

Aunt Polly ( surprised and smiled ) : So , Tom ! All this was because you wanted to stay home from school and go fishing ? ……………………….. Tom , I love you so much and you try to break my heart in every way with your naughtiness ! 

[ Mary entered the stage again and delivered the silk thread to Aunt Polly . Aunt Polly fastened one end of the silk thread to Tom’s tooth and the other to the bedpost . She pulled and the tooth hung dangling by the bedpost . ] 

Aunt Polly : There ! Now you are free from all the aches . Isn’t it ? 

[ Aunt Polly and Mary started smiling .  Tom got out of bed. Looked at the audience. Then he started laughing too .] 


 

You May Also Like

0 comments